When using conditions like "Is Not" or "Contains Not" in data source Material Supply and Demand List, the report is bringing no results, when actually there are values to be retrieved.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Data Sources work center view.
- Search for the Material Supply and Demand List data source.
- Click on the Preview button to open the data source in preview mode.
- In the Selection pane, locate the field you want to filter by.
- Click on the ">" symbol on the left hand side of the field. It will enable a drill-down box with the filtering conditions.
- Select the condition "!= is not" or "!~ contains not".
- Click on the value help icon, on the right hand side of the field.
- In the value help window, select the entry you want to be excluded from report results.
- Click on OK.
- In the report Selection pane, click on Apply to update the report results.
- No results are displayed at all.
The data source Material Supply and Demand List does not support using such conditions as "!= is not" or "!~ contains not".
If using these conditions is mandatory for your specific business need, you can export the data source / report into an Excel file and apply filters from Excel to exclude the desired entries from the report table.
- Note that it is highly recommended to apply filters on "Supply Planning Area ID" field in report Selection, otherwise you may experience timeout issues.
Conditions in Material Supply and Demand List; Conditions not working; Cannot use conditions; , KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To