You receive a Delivery from your Supplier which contains Products that are not included in your Purchase Order ABC (ABC represents the Purchase Order ID), but you wish to keep the items. However, when you try to create Supplier Delivery Notification (Inbound Delivery Notification) to post the Goods as Unplanned Goods Receipt, the system displays the error message "The related purchase order is invalid or does not exist. Assign the correct purchase order, or cancel the delivery note item" when you enter the NOT ordered product into the Supplier Delivery Notification.
Since there is no Purchase Order, and the Unplanned Receipt is invoiced together with the Ordered Items, you would like to know how the process of Unplanned Goods Receipt is handled by the system and how to have both the Planned and Unplanned Receipts on a single Invoice.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Inbound Logistics work center.
- Go to the Purchase Order view.
- Find and select the Purchase Order ABC.
- Click the New Supplier Delivery Notification button. All ordered items should be listed.
- Now click the Add Row button and enter the Product ID and Delivery Notification Quantity of the Unplanned Goods.
- Click Save or Check Consistency.
- The system should return the following error message: “The purchase order reference is not valid or does not exist. Assign the correct purchase order reference or cancel the delivery notification item.”.
Business ByDesign does not support an Unplanned Receipt. System is behaving as expected.
In case you want to keep the Unplanned Delivery and have them on the same Invoice as the Ordered Delivery, we recommend that you add the Unplanned Receipt to the existing Purchase Order ABC.
Unplanned, Receipt, Delivery, Notification, Purchase, Order , KBA , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , Problem