You create a new Carryforward Run and enter the required parameters.
You execute the run and get the following message:"
You get the error message " Closing of YYYY (YYYY stands for the year) not Possible. Perform Depreciation Run for Fixed Asset FAA (FAA stands for the fixed asset ID)"
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Balance Carryforward subview in the Periodic Tasks view.
- Click New to create a New Carryforward Run.
- Enter the following parameters:
- Run description.
- Check the test run box.
- Company as ABC (ABC stands for the company ID).
- Set of books as LMN (LMN stands for the set of books ID).
- Balance Carryforward as Step: 1 - Carry forward accounts.
- Year to Be carried forward as YYYY.
You get the error message " Closing of YYYY not Possible. Perform Depreciation Run for Fixed Asset FAA."
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to the Fixed Assets view.
- Search and select Fixed Asset FAA for Company ABC.
- Click Edit, then View All.
- Navigate to the Values tab and then to the Depreciation Overview tab.
For some accounting periods the depreciation status is yellow and for some green (meaning successful).
You performed a recalculation run for the fixed asset FAA, but the status does not turn green.
This is due to changes made in the useful life of the fixed asset FAA.
You can check this under the Changes tab of the Fixed Asset.
To solve the issue, you need to create a depreciation run for the period in which the useful life of the fixed asset was changed.
No double postings are created as the new depreciation takes into account what has already been posted through the previous runs.
fixed asset; Anlage; Abschreibung; Saldovortrag; balance carryforward; depreciation , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , Problem