- Metadata(Configuration) changes made in Employee Central are not reflecting in Advanced Reporting
- Fields recently configured / reconfigured in Employee Central are not visible in Advanced Reporting or are grayed out
- Advanced Reporting fields are Out of Synch with Employee Central fields
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Report Canvas / ORD: Advanced Reporting
The Metadata sync was not automatic and required manual refresh of the tables by SAP.
For even a very small Metadata change (Configuration change) in Employee Central, Customer needs to reach out to SAP SuccessFactors to get the Metadata refresh so that any configuration change made in Employee Central gets reflected in Advanced Reporting
If your Advanced Reporting instance is upgraded to VBM, you dot not need to raise an incident with SAP to sync the Metadata changes.
Please ensure there is DATA in the fields even dummy DATA (TEST) as no changes will be reflected unless there is.
How the Metadata changes will be taken care if instance has VBM enabled:
- Automatic refresh:
- Any Metadata change in EC will be reflected in Advanced Reporting within 24 hours(max).
- A daily Job is scheduled for all Data center which sync the Metadata change from EC to Advanced Reporting.
- Manual refresh (for immediate sync):
- Customers can now use the Purge Advanced Reporting Metadata Cache option to sync the Employee Central metadata changes, so the updates immediately reflect in Advanced Reporting
Release Information on this link.
The View Based Metadata (VBM) in Advanced Reporting is being enabled for SAP SuccessFactors tenants on HANA, in planned phases.
If you are getting an option of “Purge Advanced Reporting Metadata Cache” under Workforce Planning and Analytics Administration Page, that means your Advanced Reporting instance has VBM enabled.
Accessing the option:
- If the instance still does not have Report Center enabled, you can access the link from the ORD / WFA Admin page directly.
- If the instance has Report Center enabled, you can access perform the Purge using these steps:
- Access Report Center and click 'View Schedules'
- Switch to the legacy Report Distributor Tool
- Access the Admin Section
- Purge Advanced Reporting Metadata Cache
For More Detailed Information on VBM and other FAQ:
Purge, Cache, Advanced, Reporting, Metadata, out, Sync, Employee, Central, View, Based, VBM, reload, refresh, EC, Report, Canvas, ORD, REALMS , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , How To