You run the report Enhanced Contribution Margin with the relevant selection criteria and notice that the column Material Cost is empty.
SAP Business By Design
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue Work Centre.
- Click on List under Reports View.
- Search and open the report Enhanced Contribution Margin.
- Fill in your desired selection criteria and click on Apply.
Result: The Material Cost Colum is empty for the Product XXX(XXX represents the Product ID).
The report Enhanced Contribution Margin only works if you have Material Cost Estimates as it derives the data from Material Cost Estimates. If you do not use Cost Estimates, it is advised to use the report Profit Detail by Contribution Margin Scheme.
As stated in the Cause section, you will have to maintain the Cost Estimates by following the below steps:
- Go to the Inventory Valuation Work Centre
- Select the Material Cost Estimates View.
- Click on New and then Cost Estimate.
- Fill in the data and click on the Estimate button.
Material Cost missing , KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem