When attempting to save data in a story the error message "PopulateSingleVersion failed"
Error occurs immediately on entering data, does not require publishing data first.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.7 and earlier
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Story used for input of data
- Try to enter any value in the Grid
- Notice the error "PopulateSingleVersion failed'"
Issue occurs because a back-end priviledge is missing on one or more dimensions in the model.
Unfortunately there is no way to tell from the client side which dimension or dimensions are affected.
Issue will be fixed in wave 2019.8 or later. Note that we cannot confirm fix release version until release and code qualification.
Please check the release notes for each release to determine when issue is fixed.
In the meanwhile, the following steps should provide a workaround solution to this issue:
- Add a new hierarchy to each Dimension
- save the model
- delete the newly created hierarchy afterwards
- save the model
This regenerates the dimensions in the system and re-creates any missing priviledges.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem