Unable to post a payment allocation due to the error: Check deposit canceled; release of allocation not possible in payment allocation.
SAP Business Bydesign.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Payment Allocations view.
- Select the Payment Allocation and click on it.
- Transaction Amount and Allocated Amount is equal and you click on post.
Error: Check deposit canceled; release of allocation not possible in payment allocation.
Initially when you allocated a check deposit in this payment allocation, this allocation is not immediately posted but have been saved. Later, when you decided to post this allocation by this time the assigned check deposit is canceled. In this case, we need to remove this check deposit from the payment allocation and choose other items to allocate to the payment allocation else system will not allow this payment allocation to be posted.
- Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Payment Allocations and select the payment allocation in question.
- Navigate to Payment Confirmations/Returns tab.
- Select the Canceled check deposit line which is already assigned, click on upward arrow and save. This will unassign the check deposit.
- Select a new check deposit and click on downward arror button to assign in this payment alloation or allocation to gl accounts tab or customer/supplier and assign on account, and match the transaction & allocated amount and make sure the open amount is zero then you will be able to post the payment allocation.
Check Deposit Canceled; Release of Allocation not Possible in Payment Allocation , KBA , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , Problem