The resulted postings from Goods Receipt and Invoice Receipt Clearing Run picked the G/L Accounts from Gain/Loss from Exchange Rate Differences but the functional area picked is not as expected.
SAP Business Bydesign.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Inventory Valuation work center.
- GR/IR Clearing view. Select GR/IR Clearing run ID and navigate to Postings tab.
- Under Accounts tab, select the Exchange Rate Differences GL line, Under Details tab, click on the Journal Entry ID.
Select the Exchange rate GL line in the journal entry and the assigned Functional Area is not as expected by you.
In the Functional Area Determination, there is no mapping to functional area based for this sparticular G/L Account, resulting which system assigned a default functional area.
System behaviour is correct and determining the default functional area from the settings Income Statements by Function of Expense and Earned Profit Analysis but if you want a specific functional area to be picked for specific G/L account then follow the steps and maintain the settings.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and Implementation Projects view.
- Select the implementation projects and select Open Activity List.
- Open activity Settings for Income Statements by Function of Expense and Earned Profit Analysis.
- Select sub activity Edit functional area determination.
- Select the related Accounting Principles.
- Select Determnation Using G/L Accounts and Add Row and maintain the combination of Chart of Accounts, G/L Account of Exchange Rate Difference and assign a Functional Area.
Functional area determination, GRIR Clearing exchange rate difference posting to default functional area , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem