When sending an email to a Distribution List that contains an Email Channel, the Ticket is not being created.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Create a DL and add an Email Channel inside of it.
- Send an email to this DL. A Ticket will not be created automatically in the system.
When using DLs the system will not be able to identify the email as a valid Email Channel, hence no Tickets will be created.
This will also result in an error message with the following description: Missing channel e-mail address in recipient fields (TO or CC).
To check this message you can do the following steps:
Go to the Administrator work center.
- Select Input and Output Management view.
- Select the option Web Service Message Monitoring, the message will be displayed there.
This is the standard behavior of the system.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of SAP Application Development Site, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page.
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influence Site to submit an idea.
Ticket; DL; Email Channel; , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To