- All major browser providers have announced end-of-life for Flash in response to Adobe’s plans to deprecate Flash and related support after 2020.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Administration currently depends on Flash for menus, navigational elements and managing core entities.
- The LMS team is proactively transitioning SAP SuccessFactors Learning Administration from Flash to HTML to ensure continuity with latest browser support.
- This change will be applied to Preview environments in the first half of 2020.
Check out the new Guide for Learning Administration Transition attached below!
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System
- The new Learning Administration interface will provide an enhanced user experience consistent with the SuccessFactors suite of products. Customers will benefit from streamlined navigation, reorganized menus and field groupings.
- To provide a smooth transition and time to adapt to these changes, the new interface will run concurrently with the existing Flash interface for two releases, providing the choice to operate in either mode. To support the change management activities, users will be able to navigate in both old and new modes before the Flash technology is fully retired.
What to expect?
All Learning customers will be impacted by the Flash Replacement in Learning Administration.
First Half 2020
- The new HTML-based Learning Administration interface will be automatically applied to Preview environments in 1H 2020 and to Production environments in a subsequent release to be announced.
- Validated Learning Customers will have the new Learning Administration interface automatically applied to Preview environments in 2H 2020.
Second half 2020
- The new HTML-based Learning Administration interface will become the default interface. The legacy flash-based interface will no longer be available in Preview and Production environments in 2H 2020.
- Validated Learning Customers will have the Flash based Learning Administration interface automatically removed from Preview environments with the last patch before the Production upgrade. The new Learning Administration interface will be applied to Production with the upgrade to the 2020 VSaaS release.
How can I prepare today?
- Learning customers are encouraged to identify the portions of their application that contain Flash to determine necessary changes. Revisit this post to stay informed and access the new Guide for Learning Administration Transition attached below to understand what is changing and how to prepare!
- All customer-owned and created Flash-based Learning materials (videos, etc.) are the responsibility of the customer to update and change. Review materials to identify which will require updates.
- Please register for Learning Release Webinars and view the resource(s) below.
SF, success factors, LMS, Learning Administration Interface Flash Replacement , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , Product Enhancement
|Guide for Learning Administration Transition_Phase1_FINAL.pdf|
|Learning Administration_New Menu Navigation.xlsx|