An application error occurs in the following scenarios:
- Admin requests LOA on behalf of user
- User (Self) requests fails on approval
The following fingerprint may show on in the error log: fingerprint=cd0dd0da76a745e3ce9c96b9225a378b427cac4e
Note: You may also see a blank error message on submit of the LOA
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Employee Central - Time Off
Reproducing the Issue
Scenario 1 (As Admin requesting Leave)
- Access Employee record as an admin
- Enter Time off data - eg any Leave
- Save the record - error message is generated. No save.
Scenario 2 (Approver)
- Access Employee record as Self
- Enter Time off data - eg any LOA time type
- Save the record > Workflow is triggered
- Approver attempts to approve - Error message is generated
The rule with that triggers and evaluates the request is corrupted.
In one of the previous versions/ time slices the "Rule Type" is empty / has a different value than other versions
For example "JOBINFO" as a rule type may be missing in one records
- It is not possible to create such kind of inconsistent data via our standard rules UI "Configure Business Rules".
- The inconsistent change must have been done either via "Manage Data", or via import.
A patch has been scheduled for this weekend the 5th April.
Enter the same Rule Type that is found in other time slices/versions of the rule
For example, if the rule type in other time slice is "Rule Management", enter "RuleManagment" in all time slices
The rule type cannot be changed via the rules UI after the rule has been created to avoid such changes.
To apply change:
- Go to "Manage Data" choose the object type "Rule"
- Select the corrupted rule
- Change the rule type of the affected time slice to "ruleManagement" to have the same rule type as in the other time slices. (may need to type in)
Time Slice, Time Off, Rule Type, LOA, Leave Of Absence, Application Error, RUL-6160, fingerprint=cd0dd0da76a745e3ce9c96b9225a378b427cac4e, PTCH-29863, An error occurred when processing rules for the following element type (JOB_INFO) for these users, The rule with externalCode *** is corrupted. The fields [internalCode, code, scenarioCode, baseObject, ruleType] must not change for different time slices! , blank error for LOA, leave of absence blank error message , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time-Off , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , Business Rules & Event Derivation , Problem