When an employee is terminated in SAP SuccessFactors (SFSF) Employee Central (EC), after the employee master data replication, you are not able to view the employee fact sheet in SAP S/4HANA Cloud (S/4HANA Cloud).
The Supplier information of the Employee is still visible in the Manage Business Partner Master Data app and the Manage Supplier Master Data app.
SAP S/4HANA CLOUD.
Reproducing the Issue
- Terminate an employee in SuccessFactors (SFSF) Employee Central (EC);
- Replicate employee master data to S/4HANA;
- Employee terminated disappeared in S/4HANA Cloud Employee Fact Sheet application (does not even appear as "inactive").
After terminate an employee in SFSF EC with a termination date in the past replicate employee master data to S/4HANA Cloud.
The expected behavior when terminating an employee in SFSF EC and replicating this to S/4HANA Cloud is:
- The employee record in S/4HANA Cloud has end date at date when it gets inactive in SFSF EC;
- The Employee Fact Sheet will not show it anymore once present date is > inactive date, but the employee record will remain in database;
- After employee termination, via replication, Business Partner BUP003 (Employee) Role validity is adjusted to be the same as the employee termination date;
- All the other roles like Supplier are unaffected and we do not change the validity of those. For example, the supplier role of the Employee is not delimited on termination of the corresponding employee.
The life cycle of the Supplier is different compared to the Employee, and this data might be needed after the employee is terminated (pending payments, etc.).
Take into account that supplier information cannot be displayed in the Employee Fact Sheet. Instead customers can check the Business Partner Master data app or Supplier app to see the details.
SuccessFactors, Employee Central, SF, EC, SF EC, Employee, JB1, SAP_COM_0001. , KBA , CA-GTF-INT-EC , with SFSF EC (JB1, 1NL) , CA-HR-S4 , Cross-Application HCM Objects in S/4HANA , How To