After new b1902 release, a new hard-coded validation has been introduced which does not allow special characters other than dashes (-), and underscores (_) in time off MDF objects.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Success Factors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new time off object (like employee time) with special characters in the external code
- Error Occurs: 'The external code contains illegal characters. Please don't use special characters.'
Having special characters in an object's external code can lead to inconsistent behavior
If you do not want this validation, please follow the given steps:
- Navigate to Configure Object Definition -> Time Management Configuration
- Set the visibility of the field 'externalCodeChecksDisabled' as editable
- In Manage Data -> Time Management Configuration object, set the field 'Disable External Code checks' as 'Yes'
It is recommended to have the validations enabled in your instance to avoid inconsistent behavior.
External Code, special character, validation, b1902, time off, MDF object, Employee Central , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time-Off , Problem