You receive the error message Error accessing service; Service Ping ERROR: Unauthorized (401) when using the Check Connection function in the Communication Arrangement.
SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Log into the Cloud Solution.
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Go to the Communication Arrangement view.
- Open the communication arrangement XYZ (XYZ represents the arrangement name).
- Go to the Technical Settings facet and click on Edit Advanced Settings.
- Select your service.
- Click the Check Connection button.
You will now receive the error Error accessing service; Service Ping ERROR: Unauthorized (401) followed by Ping Failed.
The cause of this issue is that the user that the Service is authenticated with is currently locked.
To resolve this issue, you must unlock the user maintained in the Communication Arrangement setup. You can do this by opening the Technical Users in the Administrator work center and using the action Unlock. You can finally set a new password for the Communication Arrangement.
The error will then disappear and the service will work again.
Web Service, Ping, Error, 401 , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-WS , ByDesign Studio Web Services , Problem