You are trying to distribute the cost between your invoices or credit memos.
However you are facing this error message: Lock not possible, reference doc ABC locked by user XYZ.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Supplier Invoicing.
- Go to Invoices and Credit memos.
- Search and open your invoice.
- Click View All.
- Select the tab Items.
- Click the tab Cost Distribution.
- Click the blue link Distribute Among Other Invoices Or Credit Memos.
- From here enter the invoice ID or item ID of your choice and you click Distribute.
- A lock issue error message appears and disappears instantly.
Your goods and services receipt linked to your documents (supplier invoices, purchase orders...) contains over a hundred items.
Once the deliveries are released, the system updates the invoices and during this update you may face this lock error.
We recommend you to create deliveries with no more than 100 items so that the cost distribution will be processed without delay.
Lock issue, cost distribution, supplier invoice, SIV, goods and services receipt, credit memo , KBA , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , How To