When opening a Story based on HANA Live Data Connection, the following error appears in the chart in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
"Unable to retrieve data from the datasource. Error:[Caught exception : exception 42028: Invalid Object caught : Object of type N3mds3mdq4cube4CubE is invalid.]
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.4.5
- Live Data Connection to SAP HANA
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC.
- Open a Story which is based on HANA Live Data Connection.
- Notice that the charts show the above mentioned error message.
The underlying measure has been defined as a String measure with SUM aggregation type. The SUM aggregation type is not valid for a String measure.
- Either switching the aggregation type to MIN or MAX
- Removing the measure from the model resolves the problem
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, error, unable, retrieve, data, datasource, caught, exception, invalid, object , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem