A self referencing picklist is one that parent options that belong to itself. Ideally parent options should belong to another picklist.
Example of self referencing picklist : In the example below – we see that parent option sales & manufacturing belong to same picklist.
All BizX non-picklist migrated instacne / Enabled with Picklist Managment
Parent option ID should belong to another picklist – referred to as “Parent” picklist.
How to identify self reference in your legacy picklist:
- Export all picklist including system generated option ID’s
- Open in excel
- Insert a column before column A
- Copy option ID to this newly created column
- Insert a new column called parent – picklist ID after Column for parent option ID
- Create a VLOOKUP in the newly created parent – picklist ID as follows
=VLOOkUP(J1,A:B,2,FALSE) . Drag formula to all rows of column J
7. In column B filter on the picklists that the pre-check reported as self referencing
8. In Column I &. J you can see parent option ID ‘s need to be corrected
Picklist Migration, MDF Picklist, Picklist Center, Picklist Management , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-PCK , Picklist Management Issue , Problem