Summary of legacy to MDF mapping:
Mapping object is way to ascertain which picklist in MDF & legacy are related. Picklist migration will ensure that these picklist are merged as 1 MDF picklist honoring both the legacy option ID reference & MDF references in the system. It is important that the entries in the MDF & legacy picklist are completely the same External ID’s, Status, Labels
This is will ensure that the related entry in legacy and MDF are merged to single entry post migration. Any discrepancy will result in the legacy picklist entry being create as a new entry in MDF picklist which could be undesired based on how the picklist is used.
All BizX non-picklist migrated instacne / Enabled with Picklist Managment
Reproducing the Issue
How to check what picklists have the mapping
- Navigate to Manage data and select object type “MDF Picklist to Legacy Picklist Map”
- 2nd Dropdown will have all picklists in MDF that are mapped to a legacy picklist
Making the mapped picklists in Sync
- Download the legacy picklists from picklist management
- Download the MDF picklists from import/export data for PicklistValue object
- Filter on spreadsheets from steps #1 & #2 for a mapped picklist and compare
Labels should match
- Labels are not available for all locales that legacy picklist has labels for, please add the missed labels in the MDF picklist exactly the same as legacy picklist. This should be done from Configure object definitions
External codes should match if you want the option in legacy & MDF counterpart to be merged.
Status should match if you want the option in legacy & MDF counterpart to be merged.
Fixing Count mismatch between MDF & legacy picklist:
#1 – Extra deleted option in legacy
- Legacy picklist has an extra value called “X” in deleted status that is not present in MDF picklist
- How to fix “X” entry missed in MDF picklist
- Add the “X” external code in MDF picklist as active entry
- Initially this will make legacy entry as active as well
- Change the MDF entry to Inactive, same will be synced to legacy as well
- After picklist migration – you can delete this entry if unused
#2 – Extra value in MDF
- Make any small change & save MDF picklist, it should sync the missed values into legacy picklist.
Picklist Migration, MDF Picklist, Picklist Center, Picklist Management , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-PCK , Picklist Management Issue , Problem