When a picklist has parent picklist options from more than 1 parent, it said to have multiple parent picklists. Like in the example below – picklist Fruit has parent options from 2 parent picklists
- Vegetable Harvest Season
This is not allowed in MDF, hence before picklist migration all parent option ID’s in picklist must belong to ONLY 1 parent picklist.
**NOTE: This applies also to options that are in status DELETED, OBSOLETED, INACTIVE
All BizX non-picklist migrated instacne / Enabled with Picklist Managment
All parent options must belong to single picklist like below.
How to identify multiple parents in your legacy picklist?
- Export all picklist including system generated option ID’s
- Open in excel
- Insert a column before column A
- Copy option ID to this newly created column
- Insert a new column called parent – picklist ID after Column for parent option ID
- Create a VLOOKUP in the newly created parent – picklist ID as follows
=VLOOkUP(J1,A:B,2,FALSE) . Drag formula to all rows of column J
7. In column B filter on the picklists that the pre-check reported multiple parents for
8. In Column I &. J you can see parent option ID & parent picklist they belong
Picklist Migration, MDF Picklist, Picklist Center, Picklist Management , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-PCK , Picklist Management Issue , Problem