The discount applied to open items in a payment allocation is not equally distributed among the items.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Go to the Payment Allocation view.
- Select the row of Allocation ID AAA (AAA means the payment allocation ID) and click Edit.
- Under Open Items section, select two or more open items by marking the Matched checkbox.
- Click Actions > Apply Discount or Credit.
- Enter Amount and Payment Difference Reason.
- Click OK.
- Notice that the discount amount was not equally distributed among the items.
The definition on how the system will distribute the payment differences during clearing is done in fine tuning activity Clearing Strategies, on section Distribution of Payment Differences during Clearing.
To define an equal distribution of the discount among the open items the option
Steps to be followed:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search and open activity Clearing Strategies.
- Click Maintain clearing strategies.
- Click Save and Close.
payment allocation; discount; credit; other discounts; payment differences; clearing; payment tolerance; underpayment; , KBA , payment allocation , discount , credit , other discounts , payment differences , clearing , payment tolerance , underpayment , AP-PAY-PAL , Payment Allocation , How To