- We are trying to enable the DRTM Purge permissions but they are not saving.
- After I checked the permission "Create DRTM Data Purge Request" & "Approve DRTM Data Purge Request" in Role Based Permissions (RBP), then save the RBP role, the permission was not saved when re-opened in RBP.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite: Data Retention Management (DRTM)
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center
- Search for Manage Permission Roles
- Select the role you need to grant the access and hit “permission”
- Select "Create DRTM Data Purge Request" & "Approve DRTM Data Purge Request"
This is caused by a Data Issue:
- In these instances, the two permissions "Create DRTM Data Purge Request" & "Approve DRTM Data Purge Request" are missing in permission table in database
- Therefore it will not save the permission in RBP role, the configuration will not take effect
Note: To resolve this issue, you will need to engage your Partner or CPS as the solution requires access to Provisioning which customers do not have access to.
- Logon to Provisioning, choose your Company
- Navigate to Managing Job Scheduler
- Click the link: Create New Job
- In the “Create New Job “ Page, fill in the parameters:
- Job Name: (any text which can identify this job)
- Job Owner: (usually the system admin / super user)
- Job Type: Company Schema Upgrade Job
- Rerun Options: the xml file name, example: add_permission_for_retention_based_purge_creation.xml (Notes: you can replace it with: add_permission_for_retention_based_purge_approval.xml )
- Occurrence: Once
- Click button: Create Job
- It can take some time to update in the instance, please give at least one hour before reporting the issue with Support.
- If even after running the jobs, the Permissions are still not saved, please go to Provisioning > Company Settings > Refresh "Refresh RBP Permission Configuration".
2615360 Data Protection and Privacy - Data Retention Time Management (DRTM) - Master Data Purge for Inactive Users
unable not able to save permission "Create DRTM Data Purge Request" RBP SF SuccessFactors DRM retention , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Role Based Permissions , LOD-SF-SBP , SAP Best Practices for SuccessFactors , LOD-SF-PLT-DRM , Data Retention Management , How To