You have created a report navigation from report ABC to report DEF. In this report navigation, you have set up a field with type Transferred, so the value from the source report selection should transferred to the target report selection. Once you open the target report however, you see that the value was not transferred.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the source report ABC from the respective work center.
- See that in the selection, you have a variable set. For example, you filtered for the Account = 1000.
- Click on a value in the report and navigate to the target report.
- Here you see that the variable for Account (1000 in this example) was not transferred.
Instead of transferring the variable, you have transferred the characteristic.
If you would like the selection variable to be transferred to your target report, you have to set up a variable transfer:
- Go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Data Sources.
- Search for your target report.
- In the table underneath, go to the Report Navigation tab.
- Open your navigation.
- Scroll down to the Variables and look for your variable.
- In the column Source Report Variables, select the variable from the drop-down.
If there is no value in the drop-down list, it means that no variables were defined for this report. This is for example the case when you create a custom report without adding any variables in step 4 of the report wizard. You can still open the report view afterwards and add variables via the Add Fields button, however such variables are not part of the report definition. Please add the variables as follows to be able to see them in the report navigation tool:
- Go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Reports.
- Search for your custom-created source report.
- Click Edit With > Report wizard.
- Move forward to step 4.
- For the respective characteristic, use the type Using Variable.
- In step 5, you can maintain default values if required.
- Click Finish.
For the transfer of characteristic values, you can also check the KBA 2309959.
report navigation, source variable, target variable, filter missing, filter not transferred, Berichtsnavigation, variable missing , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To