You have created a custom Party Role for Leads but when converting a Lead with this Party Role in the Involved Parties, the Party Role is not copied into the new Opportunity.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: a custom Party Role ABC which is maintained both in the Involved Parties for Leads and Opportunities and a Lead XYZ that has the Party Role ABC.
- Go to the Sales workcenter.
- Go to the Leads view.
- Open the Lead XYZ.
- Click Actions > Convert to Opportunity.
- Open the new Opportunity and go to the Involved Parties facet.
Result: The Party Role ABC was not copied from the Lead.
The Category for the Party Role ABC has been changed after it was assigned to the Leads Involved Parties scheme and before it was assigned to the Opportunities scheme. Hence it has now a different category in the Opportunities scheme and that is the cause that the copy does not work.
Go to the Business Configuration > Fine Tuning.
- Open the Activity Leads and open Involved Parties.
- Remove the Party Role ABC completely and Save and Close.
- Open the Involved Parties again and add the Party Role ABC anew.
party role, lead, opportunity, convert, copy, involved parties , KBA , LOD-LE-RC-PAP , Party Processing , Problem