From the 18th of March, users will no longer be able to use Ad Hoc data source while building Canvas / ORD reports.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Customers should build their Canvas Reports (Online Report Designer - ORD) by building queries directly within the Canvas Report.
Current method of building the query as a Report – Table (Ad Hoc) and then importing that into a Canvas Report has proven to be resource intensive and does not reflect the best practice of how these tools are intended to be used.
Please rebuild any such report with Live Data as the data source.
Steps to identify if a report is using the aforementioned Ad Hoc data source:
- Edit the Canvas / ORD Report page
- Select the component in the page and choose 'Edit Query'
- For components that had used Ad Hoc data source, you will only be able to see the formatting options and will not be able to edit the actual query (unlike Advanced Reporting or Detailed Reporting sources)
Quick method (needs changes to RBP):
- Choose a user who has permissions to run all ORD / Canvas reports
- Revoke their access to Run Ad Hoc / Table reports
- Give the system an hour for the RBP changes to refresh
- Try running the reports under concern as this user.
Since RBP would restrict them from running Ad Hoc reports, though they are able to access the ORD / Canvas report, they won't be able to run them successfully.
Note: This method might result in false positives, as reports might fail due to other reasons. Hence please use this only as a rough guide.
Obvious example : Reports with Live Data (Detailed Reporting) data source. These reports also rely on Ad Hoc run permissions.
Ad, Hoc, Data, source, Canvas, ORD, Analytics, Online, Report, Designer, Deprecation, how, find, edit, query, component , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , How To