In the Material Inventories - Line Items report the Valuation Quantity of the material ABC (ABC represents the ID of material) is zero. In the same period, the Material Inventories - Balance History report , an In/Out Quantity of AA is displayed for material ABC (AA represents the number of quantity).
You expect that the Valuation Quantity is the same as In/Out Quantity.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to the Reports - List view.
- Open Material Inventories - Line Items report.
- Enter Material as ABC and all mandatory data.
- Press Apply.
- For Material ABC the Valuation Quantity is zero.
- Now, open the Material Inventories - Balance History report.
- Enter Material ABC and all mandatory data.
- Press Apply.
- You notice that, for Material ABC, the In Quantity is AA and the Out Quantity -AA.
The Valuation Quantity, displayed in the Material Inventories - Line Items report represents the sum of In Quantity and Out Quantity, displayed in the Balance History report.
For example, in third party scenarios a Third Party Goods Issue for Customer does not actually have an impact on a physical Warehouse. The material only arrives here to exit again for the direct supply to the Customer. In this case, no Warehouse confirmation is necessary. This way, the In Quantity appears as AA and Out Quantity as -AA, balancing the Valuation quantity to Zero.
The system behaves as designed. To further analyse the transactions add further attributes, such as 'Journal Entry ID', 'Journal Entry Type', etc. to the reports.
Valuation Quantity,In Quantity, Out Quantity, Material Inventories, Material Inventories - Line Items, Material Inventories - Balance History , KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , Problem