- Only 1 period is available for Forecast Periods slider in Additional Forecast Input when Running a Forecast in a Time Series Chart in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.6.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Create a new story with Time Series chart on sample model [BestRunJuice_SampleModel].
- Select [Gross Margin] as Measures axis and [Date] as Time axis.
- Filter on [Date] dimension to select all 12 months in year  only.
=> The value of 12 months in year  will be shown in the chart (12 data points).
- Choose Add Forecast icon from action menu and then select any one of forecast method (Automatic Forecast, Linear Regression, Triple Exponential Smoothing).
=> Once the forecast is performed, a color-coded Forecast link is displayed above the chart.
- Click the Forecast link to show a Forecast Periods slider for the number of displayed periods.
=> Only 1 period is available for the slider.
=> This could be reproduced too by selecting Additional Forecast Input from action menu to show a Additional Forecast Input panel on the right.
- The number of data points shown in the chart only support to perform the forecast in one period.
- To provide a useful forecast, we limit the number of forecasts available based on the actual data. The number of forecasts offered is calculated as shown.
=> if you have 24 data points, the number of forecasts offered is: (24 – 8) ÷ 4 = 4.
=> if you have 25 data points, the number of forecasts offered is: (25 – 8) ÷ 4 > 4 -> 5 (round up to the nearest integer).
- You can find more detail from blog: Your Guide to Time Series Forecasting in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Remove the filter to include more data points to the chart.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, time, series, chart, predict, predictive, forecase, smart, period, periods, additional, time , KBA , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem