Data Extraction issue while making API call using CompoundEmployee API for standard content in Boomi and Cloud platform for Integration (CPI)
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
As we are noticing that few records are getting missed in the response payload while making CE API calls. One of the potential root cause would be data was not saved completely to DB while API request was triggered i.e. around the time that you see in you API request for LastModifieOn filter parameter.
WORKAROUND to avoid any data loss during API call based on middleware and type of standard content used:
scheduling the additional nightly job would make sure all those records which went missing get replicated successfully.
Also, there would not be any impact on employees whose data has already been replicated successfully during standard schedule execution.
- For standard content deployed on boomi atom, you can setup another atom where you need to deploy the same version of the standard iFlow with the same configuration.
- You should schedule the deployed iFlow to execute outside business hours to pick all the changes that has been done in a day.
- Last Modified Date in the configurtaion should be selected accordingly.
- Go to the atom where your standard iFlow has been deployed and execution currently. Go to the deployed process and go to the "Edit Process Properties".
- Here, you would see highlighted parameter value which will be used in your next iFlow execution and this would be set as value for filter parameter "LastModifiedOn"
- For new atom where you are going to deploy same iflow again, make sure all configuration under "Environment Extension" is same as one used in standard schedule.
- Only, property that you need to set is under "Edit Process Properties" as highlighted above. So, add the property "ECERP_LAST_MODIFIED_DATE" manually and set the value as per your requirement.
- Note that format shout be in UTC only as shown above. So, before you set the value, make sure you convert the timestamp in UTC and maintain here.
- Cloud Platform for Integration
- CPI scheduled:
- Copy the process second time from the process library (can be deployed on the same tenant) Complete the configuration same as the existing iflow (except the scheduling part). Schedule outside business hours to catch-up all the missed changes. as shown below
- Make sure new iFLow has all configuration similar to the standard schedule one apart from one parameter "USER_SET_LAST_MODIFIED_DATE_TIME" as shown below:
- ERP scheduled via CPI:
- Create a second scheduling job. For this you would have to create a second selection variant used in ECPAO_EE_ORG_REPL_QUERY with the same configuration which you are currently using for Variant while executing the Job. This way you can have 2 different Last Modified On.
- Schedule outside business hours using the newly created variant to pick all the missed changes.
Record Missing, Employee Replication, Org Assignment , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-CE , Compound Employee API , LOD-SF-INT , SF Integrations - EC Payroll, Boomi/ HCI, API , Problem