You get the error message "Period AAA+1 in fiscal year YYYY closed in set of books ABC for closing step Closing Entries" when you execute reclassification for Payables or Receivables.
You also wonder why the Accounting Period must be open for Closing Step 020-Closing Entries.
- AAA+1 represents the accounting period following the accounting period set in the Reclassification run;
- YYYY represents the Fiscal Year selected in the Reclassification run;
- ABC represents the Set of Books ID
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Payables/Receivables work center go to the Periodic Tasks view and select Reclassification of Payables/Receivables.
- Create a new run for period AAA of fiscal year YYYY (AAA represents the Accounting Period selected in the Reclassification run).
- Enter all mandatory values, such as Company and Set of Books ABC.
- Start the run.
- The error appears: "Period AAA+1 in fiscal year YYYY closed in set of books ABC for closing step Closing Entries".
When we execute the reclassification run in update mode then the two involved, consecutive periods (AAA and AAA+1) must be open as valuation postings in period AAA are reversed again on the first day of Accounting Period AAA+1. This way all valuation postings balance back to zero.
It is not possible to use Closing Step 010-Operational Postings to prevent any further operational posting after this valuation run.
Reclassification, 重分类，关闭连续两个期间, Closing Step , KBA , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , Problem