You are unable to log into the Cloud Applications Studio and receive the following error while doing so:
Cloud Applications Studio
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the Cloud Applications Studio.
- Click on the "Log In" icon which open the "Connect to Repository" wizard.
- Maintain your credentials as well as the system details.
- Click on "OK".
- You observe the error message mentioned above.
The metadata of the Cloud Applications Studio is corrupted and needs to be refreshed by clearing the cache.
NOTE: When you download the Cloud Applications Studio installer you are subsequently installing CopernicusIsolatedShell folder on your local machine. One of the sub-folders is called "Projects" and this will contain all the Solutions that you have accessed via the Cloud Applications Studio regardless whether they are on the same system or not. Each project has a session(.session) file which is assigned to a user and also a lock(.lock) file right next to it if the user is currently logged into a system.
In order to clean the cache within Cloud Applications Studio please follow the below steps:
- Expand the "Administration" tab and click on "Options and Settings...".
- Switch to tab "Runtime Metadata" and click on "Clear Cache".
Alternatively you can manually delete the Project folder of the tenant you are unable to log in to, in order to do that please follow the below steps:
- Open the "CopernicusIsolatedShell\Projects" folder on your local machine.
- Locate the relevant system folder which is causing an issue and delete it.
Error 1 Severe error while connecting to repository system: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing., PDI, Unable to Log into Cloud Applications Studio, Clear Cache , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-SOL , ByDesign Studio Solution Explorer , Problem