Error message is thrown while creating a G/L Account ID in Chart of Accounts:
'Enter a value with no more than 10 characters'
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the General Ledger Accounts view.
- Click Edit > Chart of Accounts.
- Select the respective Chart of Accounts and click Add Row.
- Enter a G/L Account with more than 10 characters and press Enter.
- Error message is thrown: 'Enter a value with no more than 10 characters'.
The data type that is used for G/L Account is a generic code that has maximum length of 10.
System works as designed. G/L Account ID should have a maximum of 10 characters.
Changing the G/L Account length value could have massive knock-on effects for other fields that also use this data type.
G/L Account ID; Chart of Accounts; CoA; 10 characters; , KBA , g/l account id , chart of accounts , coa , 10 characters , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To