You have restricted your user's access to Product Lists, however, other Product Lists still appear for that user within Sales Documents.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
There are several ways to reproduce the issue, below is an example.
Prerequisite: You have restricted access to Product Lists for user ABC (ABC represents the user name).
Logon with ABC.
- Go to the Products work centre.
- Go to the Product Lists view.
- Your restrictions there work as expected.
- Go to the Sales work centre.
- Go to the Sales Quotes view (example).
- Open any Sales Quote or create new.
- Go to Products > Add from List.
- You will see Product Lists available, which are outside your restrictions.
The restrictions set on Product List level (COD_PRODUCTLIST_WCVIEW) refer to the view Product List(s) itself. Your user will be restricted for editing lists per that access.
When opening Product Lists, you have a facet called 'Team'. Here you can add a user - however:
Users named here CAN be used for access restrictions on MAINTAINING this product list.
This is NOT relevant for the product list to become valid and usable in a concrete business document.
Product Lists availabilities within sales documents are determined depending on account, account hierarchy, sales area, target group, or territory.
You can manage access to Product Lists via account, account hierarchy, sales area, target group, or territory.
Any requirement to have a user based access to Product Lists is considered a new requirement. You can post new feature requests on the Influence page: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer.
SAP Help Portal:
- Product Lists
- Working with Product Lists
- Restriction of Product Selection through the Product Lists
Product List, Access Restriction, Determination, Sales Quote, More, Visible. , KBA , LOD-LE-PRL , Product List , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , Problem