Are the timestamp and date filter values localised in reports?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Log in to the instance with a user in the same timezone of the server
Create a report in Adhoc or ORD with a timestamp field e.g. Form Creation Date
- Set this field to consider the server time (not localised)
- Set this field as a prompted (runtime) filter and select a value e.g. 11/17/2017 1:57:28 AM
Run the report and check that the prompted filter value selected is the same as when creating the report i.e. 11/17/2017 1:57:28 AM
- Now share the report with two users from different locations e.g. United States and India
- If the user from the USA runs the report, the filter value selected will be localised to 11/16/2017 7:57:28 PM
- If the user from India runs the report, the filter will be localised to 11/17/2017 9:57:28 AM
- As the field was set to consider the server time, no matter who runs the report, the result will be 11/17/2017 1:57:28 AM
This is an expected behavior.
When the user runs the report and selects the prompted filter, the values available will be localised, regardless of whether the field is set to be localised or not.
(Edit Report > Configurtion Pill > 'Localized' check box)
As the filter values come from the module, they will consider the timezone of the logged in user.
Hence the result of the report (regardless of who runs it) will consider what you have configured in the field (localised or server time).
Timestamp, date, filter, values, not, localize, localise, report, timezone, server, locale, logged in, mismatch, not, working , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , How To