You notice that when editing your custom report via the Report Wizard, for some characteristics, the option Display in Report is grayed out.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
In order to reproduce this behavior, you can follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Business Analytics Work Center.
- Navigate to Design Reports Work Center View.
- Search for the report you experience the behavior.
- Select the report and click on Edit button, followed by the option Report Wizard.
- Navigate to step 3 Characteristics Settings and search for the characteristic you would like to display in the report.
- Select the characteristic and notice that the option Display In Report is grayed out.
This may happen when the characteristic was added in the joined / combined data source as a new row, and there were no references chosen for that characteristic from any of the involved data sources. The characteristic would then be added in the custom report and data source, but it would be empty as it would not be associated with a field from any of the data sources.
In order to correct this and the option can be set for this characteristic, it is required to ensure that all the rows which are related to a characteristic in the join / combination are associated with at least 1 of the involved data sources, so that this row can retrieve data and display accordingly.
It is important to notice that this can cause several misunderstandings when working with report, such as:
- Selection criteria not working;
- Characteristic not displayed in the available fields of the report;
- No data available for that characteristic;
Once the characteristic receives the reference, it will be available to be added to the report.
Display; Display in Report; Button; Report Wizard; Characteristic; Report; Analytics; Business Analytics; Grayed Out; Unable; Not Available; , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To