This KBA has been drafted to review the options available for Integration Center file names for simple outbound jobs
In Integration Center, we have two variations of file naming functionality available:
- Simple File Naming
- Calculated File Name
Please review the below 'Resolution' section for an in-depth review of each of these functionalities.
- SuccessFactors BizX
- Integration Center
In the 'Destination Settings' section of Integration Center:
Simple File Name:
- Simple File naming conventions can be used for most integrations
- Using simple filenames, we can append date and datetime suffix, to uniquely identify files based upon each execution
- The date time suffix can be implemented down to the millisecond level (this will suffice for most integrations)
- For the 'File Extension' option, we can define the file extension / format the output file should use (.csv .txt .xml .dat)
- The File Folder' is a required field and is used to define the destination of the output file
Calculated File Name:
- The 'Calculated File Name' functionality was introduced primarily for Attachment output
- i.e. each output record comes in the form of an attachment and requires individual / unique filename
Procedure outlined in the Integration Center Guide:
- Go to Admin Center > Integration Center.
- From Integration Center landing Page, select My Integrations.
- From the Integration Center > My Integrations page, choose + Create More Integration Types.
- From the Choose Integration Type page, select the following:
- Trigger type as Scheduled.
- Source Type as SuccessFactors.
- Destination Type as SFTP.
- Format as Attachment
- Let us consider an example of selecting the Starting entity as Candidate and fetching the resume
- PLEASE NOTE: To be compliant with data privacy laws, you cannot use attachment or photo as the starting entity. You must use the navigation properties to access any attachment.
- Let us consider an example of creating a file name for Carla Grant user.
- In the New Calculated Field Name popup, select Field Value = and associate the Operand as Candidate Id, by selecting Associate Field Entity Tree View Candidate Id.
- Select the Operator as Concatenate/Append from the dropdown and enter the Operand as _.
- Again select the Operator as Concatenate/Append from the dropdown and enter the Associated Field as FileName, by selecting Associate Field Entity Tree View JobsApplied Resume FileName.
- You can see the Calculated Value as 1_CarlaGrant.doc, where 1 is the Candidate Id and CarlaGrant.doc is the file name.
- Click Ok
** ALL IMAGES HAVE BEEN TAKE FROM A LOCAL SALES DEMO SYSTEM **
- Integration Center IC
- Complex File Name
- Calculated File Name
- Simple File Name