You have maintained some value in the OVS field, and while doing so you receive the following error message:
"Your entry is too long. Do not enter more than X character(s)."
Meanwhile OVS works as expected and displays desired values.
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
- SAP Hybris Cloud For Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Please navigate to the Work Center "ABC". (ABC refers to the name of the Work Center)
- Navigate to the view "DEF". (DEF refers to the name of the view)
- You may either open a specific Thing Inspector or Quick Create or neither.
- Input a few characters into the OVS field and observe the errror message being raised.
- Meanwhile your OVS still displays the value as it should.
Used OVS has a parameter "XYZ" and its configuration is maintained as "True", however this value in the SAP back-end is considered as "X",
Same goes for value maintained as "False" where in the SAP back-end it is displayed as " ".
To fix this discrepancy you have the change the value to either "X" or " " depending on the use case.
To check whether this is the case and to apply appropriate solution please follow the below outlined steps:
Open the UI Designer and navigate to the affected screen:
- Select the required field and switch to the "Extensibility Explorer" tab.
- Select the anchor of this field. (You might have to check different anchors depending on the configuration)
- Press "Change ID-Field Configuration" in the Extensibility Explorer.
- Scroll down to the field name and expand the OVS clicking on the 3 dots.
- Check the value of the parameter, if it's value is "True" change it to "X".
UI Designer, True, False, X, OVS, Your entry is too long. Do not enter more than X character(s). , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-RT , UI Framework Runtime , How To