The Balance Carryforward Run gets stuck in Scheduled status.
By checking the job log for the run there's the following step:
'Error: RBAM: No authorization for 'Action <default> EXECUTE' on instance 'XYZ'
XYZ means the instance ID.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Periodic Tasks > Balance Carryforward view.
- Select the row of Run ID AAA (AAA means the Run ID).
- Click View Jobs.
- Select Run Jobs from the show list.
- Select the row of the failed job.
- Click View Job Log.
- There will be a step 'Error: RBAM: No authorization for 'Action <default> EXECUTE' on instance 'XYZ'.
The User ID of the user who created the Balance Carryforward Run does not have read and write accesses to the Company ID for which the run has been executed.
You should grant read and write accesses to the respective User ID, as follows:
Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the User and Access Management > Business Users view.
- Find User ID ABC (ABC means the User ID).
- Click Edit > Access Rights.
- Go to the Access Restrictions tab.
- Search for the Work Center View ID FIN_BALANCECARRYFORWARD
- Under Detailed Restrictions tab, mark Read Access and Write Access for the respective Access Group ID which represents the Company ID
- Click Save
Execute the Balance Carryforward Run again and it should finished successfully.
bcf; Balance Carryforward; scheduled; RBAM; authorization; action execute; access group; read; write; access context; , KBA , AP-ACC-BCF , Balance Carry Forward Run , How To