Your scheduled Workflow Rule is not getting triggered for Activity Tasks created by a Workflow Rule action.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
In this scenario, we will consider that we have a workflow rule that creates an Activity Task based in certain opportunity's condition and a scheduled workflow rule that should trigger when the Activity Task is created with Open status.
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Click on New button.
- Create an opportunity that fulfill the workflow rule conditions.
- Open this opportunity.
- Go to the Sales Activities facet.
- Open the activity task created via the workflow rule.
- Go to the Workflow Changes facet under the task.
- You will see that the scheduled workflow rule did not get triggered, even though the workflow rule condition was fulfilled.
This scenario is not supported. Any workflow rule defined on Activity will not execute when the activity is created via workflow at the time of creation to avoid scenarios like recursion where it might end up in loop and will keep on creating/updating the activities again and again.
This is the standard behavior of the system.
Though once the activity is created via workflow, any update done on the activity either via workflow or manually will trigger the scheduled workflow rule as usual.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center. You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder.
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of SAP Application Development site, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page.
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea.
KBA , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , How To