You are receiving the below error message while creating new Fixed Asset.
Cost Center is missing
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to the Fixed Assets view.
- Click on New -> Fixed Asset.
- Enter all required fields and Assignment Type: 1 - Cost Center.
- Error message is displyed: Cost Center is missing.
- Click on Value help and there is no data exists for the selection.
The issue is due to cost centers were not valid at the time of creating new fixed asset.
For example, you have selected Valid From/To : 01/01/2019 to 31/01/2019 while creating new fixed asset, but the Cost Centers are Valid From 25/01/2019 to Unlimited.
You can view the cost center validity by following the steps:
Go to the Organizational Management work center.
Go to the Edit Org Structures view.
Set the Effective from date as DD.MM.YYYY.
Highlight the Org Unit.
Go to Timelines tab, where you can find validity of the Cost center.
You need to maintain the correct Valid From/To in the New Fixed Asset to view the all cost centers.
Cost center is missing, New Fixed Asset, Error while creating fixed asset , KBA , AP-ACC-FXA , Fixed Asset , Problem