System throws an error message while saving new period controls for fixed assets created via Generate Proposals for Period Control functionality:
'31st of december not defined for fiscal year variant ABC control key ZZZ'
ABC means Fiscal Year Variant.
ZZZ means Period Control Key.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Find activity Other Fiscal Year and click Change Immediately.
- Select the row of Fiscal Year Variant ABC.
- Select tab Period Control for Fixed Assets.
- Click Generate Proposals for Period Control button.
- Click Save.
- Error message is thrown: '31st of december not defined for fiscal year variant ABC control key ZZZ'.
The 31st of December should be defined as Posted Until Date for every Fiscal Year and Period Control Key, which is not the present case.
For example, for a certain Fiscal Year and Period Control Key combination the Posted Until Date was defined as 28th of December.
You should make entries with 31st of December as Posted Until Date for every combination of Period Control Key and Fiscal Year.
If you have entries with combinations different than 31st of December you can use Copy function, change the Posted Until Date in the new entry, and then use Delete function to delete the old entry.
Period Control for Fixed Assets; Period Control Key; Posted Until Date; Other Fiscal Year; Fiscal Year , KBA , AP-ACC-FXA , Fixed Asset , How To