You changed the Current Number for contacts in Business Configuration, however, when you create a new contact in SAP Cloud for Customer (C4C), you notice that the ID is lower than the new Current Number.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Open activity: Integration of Business Partner Data from Your Cloud Solution to SAP ERP.
- Select Interval for Contact Replication.
- Click on the Change Current Number button.
- Change the number and save your settings.
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Open the Contacts view and create a new contact. Observe the ID, it might be lower than the new Current Number.
This behaviour usually occurs when there are still unused IDs in the "pool of allocated IDs". When a new document is created on a Business Object, C4C usually allocates about ten IDs in the application server (to avoid the usage of same IDs when many users are working on the same object etc.) and then it tries to use all those IDs and fill up the pool again. Therefore, once these allocated IDs are used, the current number will be considered.
Create a few more contacts and observe the IDs, once the already allocated IDs are used, the new Current Number will be considered by C4C.
current number, contact, ID , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-ERP , Integration of C4C with ERP , How To