When adding tags into the candidate profile of the candidates they are being sorted in a different order from the one I used when added.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Recruiting Management
- Candidate Profile;
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the candidate profile;
- Add a tag and save it(For example: C#);
- Add a new tag into the profile and save it again(For example: AngularJS). The profile would look like this:
- Now, access a different candidate profile to add those same tags, but start by adding the second one. Notice when you type the tag the system suggests the tag for you already:
- So you add them both, it should look like this:
- Once you save it the system changes the order right away:
As you can see when adding the tags to the second profile, the system already suggests the same tag for you because it is reutilized, as they already exist in the system.
The reuitilization of the tags is with the purpose of being able to in the future for example, search for candidates. If the system was creating a new record of tag for each tag you added, even with the same name, you will not be able to search by them after in Candidate Search tool.
Now, the reason why it is being reordered after you save is because the tags are saved in one specific table of the system, which stores and orders them by ID, and this then causes the reordering, since it is being loaded from the database the same record of tag.
As the example seen in the Steps to Reproduce, lets do a walkthrough:
- You go to a Candidate Profile and add the tag "C#". The system will create a new record in the database and set the Tag ID for this one as "1".
- Now you add one other tag, "AngularJS". For this one, the system will set the Tag ID as "2".
- When you go to another candidate profile and add those two tags, the order will be accordingly to the Tag ID.
- Now lets say that in this other different profile you add another new tag "AAA", for example. This Tag will have the ID as "3", so automatically it will be the last one.
Tag, Candidate, Profile, ID, Database, Order, Sort, Sorting, After, Saving, Tags, , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAP , Candidate Profiles , Problem