When you add a Registered Product to an Installed Base, you see the error: "Contact not valid, choose an active contact".
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Installed Base work center.
- Select the Installed Base view.
- Open the Installed Base ID 123 (123 represents the affected Installed Base ID).
- Go to the Items facet and click on Add and then Registered Product.
- Error Message: "Contact not valid, choose an active contact" is shown.
The Account linked to the Installed Base has an Obsolete Ship To Relationship.
You can check this by:
On the Installed Base 123 screen, click on the link to open the Account ABC (ABC represents the Account ID that is linked to Installed Base ID 123).
- Go to the Relationship facet.
- See that there is a Realtionship Ship To with Account DEF.
- Open Account DEF, it is Obsolete.
In case there are more than one relationship maintained and not all of them are osbolete, system will behave as follows:
- If the Relationship that is Active is marked as Main, no error message is shown and the system allows the addition of the Registered Product.
- If the Relationship that is Obsolete is marked as Main, the error message is shown and the system will not allow the addition of the Registered Product.
- If none of the Relationships is marked as Main, system will pick one randomly, causing the error message to be intermittent.
The suggestion from Product Management is to always have a Main Relationship if more than one is used.
Installed Base ; Registered Product ; Invalid Contact ; Error ; Account ; Obsolete ; Relationship
KBA , LOD-LE-IBA-IBA , Installed Base , How To