You find the source document of a project invoicing request is showing as supplier invoice, but you don't understand why.
SAP Business ByDesign All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Project Management work center.
- Go to Project Invoice Requests view.
- Open project invoice request ABC (ABC refers to the project invoice request ID), view all.
- Go to Items tab, Invoice Items sub tab.
- Select the item, scroll down and switch to Time and Expense Items tab, select the corresponding line and click Item Details button.
You see the source document is showing as Invoice DEF (DEF refers to the supplier invoice ID).
Supplier invoice DEF has no cost distribution reference, hence it is considered to be a separate expense and is proposed for project invoicing.
To make the user case more clear, let's take an example.
- In a customer project, you purchase a service from an external supplier, and the service agent who perform this service need to do time recording for it.
- The service agent records 5 hours service against the project, and the time recording be approved by the project manager. A goods and service receipt of 5 hours is automatically created and posted for the same.
- When invoicing the purchase order, the recorded 5 hours be automatically proposed and the goods and service receipt is the cost distribution reference.
- However, here you manually change the supplier invoice item quantity to 8 hours without a cost distributiong reference. System raises an exception of Missing Receipt for the extra 3 hours, but you accept it and post the invoice.
- Later, when you creat project invoice request for the project, you can see 2 items aganist the service. One is for the recorded 5 hours, the source document is time confirmation which the service agent did.The other is for the extra 3 hours which has no receipt, the source document is the supplier invoice.
For the supplier invoice item which has no cost distribution reference, system always consider it to be a separate expense and is proposed for project invoicing. It's the expected system behavior.
If you don't want to charge customer the extra hours, you can ignore the project invoicing request item.
Project Invoicing Request, Source Document, Supplier Invoice, 项目开票申请 , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , Problem