- How to restrict employee's access to claim depending on a specific reimbursement?
- There are certain claims wherein only specific groups are allowed to do the claim, however, it should be still be viewable only for ther employees. At the same time, we have to keep the claim access of employees to the rest of reimbursement types.
- Is it possible to hide the Start a Claim button per reimbursement type?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors - Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors - Employee Central Global Benefits
Start a Claim button cannot be hidden via Permissions. If you restrict Benefit Employee Claim access via Manage Permission Role, the employee will be totally not allowed to claim a reimbursement. No Permission error will be displayed.
To be able to restrict employees to claim certain reimbursements, you can create a business rule that will check their Permission Groups and attach it to the BenefitEmployeeClaim object. This will validate employee's access and throw a validation error when there is an attempt to claim.
For example, Benefit 166322 should only be claimed by Admin group. Set-up the following configuration.
1. Create Message from Manage Data > Message Definition.
2. Create a business rule from Configure Business Rules with Parameter of Benefit Employee Claim.
- Identify the Permission Group Name to which claim will be restricted or allowable.
- Identify to which Benefit you want to restrict the claim access.
- Use the Message Definition created from Step 1.
3. Assign the business rule as Validate Rules to Configure Object Definitions > BenefitEmployeeClaim object.
From this example, if the logged in user does not belong to Admin group, and requested for a claim for Benefit 16632 (Medical Benefits (SG), error message will be displayed. For the claims on remaining reimbursement types (other than 16632), the logged in user should be able to request claim successfully.
2745541 - How to hide the Start a Claim Button for Reimbursement?
2667822 - How to configure "Is User in Permission Group" in Business Rules
restrict benefit claim, reimbursement, global benefits , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-GBF , Global Benefits , How To