Error message "The user does not have permission to access the requested resource." appears when creating Import Data Connection to OData Services from SAP S/4HANA in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.02
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Try to create one Import Data Connection using OData Services to ON-Premise S/4HANA system.
=> Please ensure that all prerequisites have been completed.
- Choose Connect to an On-Premise OData service option.
- Enter Data Service URL as "https://<S/4HANA SERVER:PORT>".
- Provide the authentication details based on the Authentication Type you selected.
- Click OK button.
=> Error message "The user does not have permission to access the requested resource." appears.
=> You can also find the following error message from Network trace in Chrome Developer Tools.
"Forbidden Access denied to resource /$metadata on system <S/4HANA SERVER:PORT>. In case this was a valid request, ensure to expose the resource correctly in your cloud connector."
- With Import Data Connection to OData Services, it is required to create individual connections to all of the individual services exposed for CDS view in SAP S/4HANA.
- You can create Import Data Connection to SAP S/4HANA which needs to enter URL as "https://<S/4HANA SERVER:PORT>" only.
- This allows you to connect to services in the discovery service without having to create connections to all of the individual services
- 2628688 - OData service connection in SAP Analytics Cloud ***Master KBA***
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, import, S/4HANA, S4HANA, S4, OData, services, URL , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem