Candidate is experiencing "Please correct the marked fields below.Invalid Field(s):<!FieldID!>(Background Element)...." error encountered
Successfactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
"Please correct the marked fields below.Invalid Field(s):<!FieldID!>(Background Element)...." error can be encountered through several scenarios:
Scenario 1: Application using LinkedIn 2.0
Step 1: Access the external RMK site of the specific company
Step 2: Click on Search Jobs
Step 3. Apply to a specific job using LinkedIn
Step 4. Fill up needed information
Step 5. Click on Apply
Scenario 2: Application with Resume Parsing
For New Candidate
1. Career Site > Attach new Resume
For Exisiting Candidate
1. Career Site > Attach new Resume > Overwrite Resume
Overwritting the profile would allow the system to parse the new resume information into the designated candidate profile fields and delete the old values.
2. Confirm that the data was successfully added on the designated fields > Save Candidate Profile.
There are the following causes:
1. Candidate Profile configuration and Data Model are not correctly configured. Please check this KBA: 2314893
2. The fields that are in question are required fields and is using a field type "picklist"
3. Is the user encouner scenario 2, then the field had reach it maximum character limit, this usually happen when parse data to a field had exceeded the allowable characters to be stored on the field.
Resolutions for both causes:
1. Case 1: Professional Service or Partners should be reached out as the affected field names in the Candidate Profile XML template by changing the VFLD's integer from one field, in order to make it unique to the background element block
2. Case 2: to solve this, make the affected reason "Not required".
3. Case 3: As of the moment, this is a product limitation and for enhancement request, kindly please reach out to Recruiting Product Managers via Influence Site.
Linkedin 2.0 VFLD errors Email Parse , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integrations & Intelligent Services , LOD-SF-RCM-RMK , RMK Interface , Problem