- Unable to hide specific calculated column per section in table after upgrading to SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) 2018.21.3
- A warning message "Calculation couldn't be applied. Attached member isn't visible in the grid" is shown for the calculation that the columns were added to in Builder panel
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.21.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant, and create a story with Table(or Grid) on any model.
- Ensure that there are at least two object selected as Columns.
- select the header of the second dimension in columns and select Add column/row after selected member from pop-up menu.
=> There are two members for the second dimension.
=> Select the header of the second member which should be in C3 as example to do this action.
=> New columns will be added into D, G, J, etc.
- Enter formula "= C3 - B3" into D3 cell.
=> The values will calculated into all body cells of those calculated columns (D, G, J, ...).
- Optionally, type a name for the calculation in the header cell D3 like "Variance".
- Open the Builder panel and expand the list of calculations for the dimension that the columns were added to.
=> It is possible to format the calculated column by clicking Edit formatting options button.
=> Clicking Edit calculation button, it will focus on the D3 cell and pop-up menu will be shown to enable you Add In-Cell Chart, Thresholds, Hide Column, Remove Column, etc.
=> However, it is impossible to change the formula anymore.
- Choose any header cell of the calculated columns like D3, or G3 and then click Hide column/row from pop-up menu.
=> All calculated columns (including, D, G, J...) will be hidden together.
=> It is impossible to hide the column (like J only) under specific section of the first dimension in columns, which is possible before upgrading to 2018.21.3.
- Open the Builder panel and expand the list of calculations for the dimension that the columns were added to again.
=> A warning message "Calculation couldn't be applied. Attached member isn't visible in the grid" is shown.
- This issue has been fixed on 2018.22.
- For QRC release, the fix will be delivered on 2019.02.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, calculated columns, hide, show, table, grid , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , Problem