- At the end of Add New Employee, you're getting an error regarding Payment Information even if you did not add Payment Info data during hiring
- Error indicates: Payment Method is a required field/association in Object Payment Information Detail or any other mandatory field that is marked as required in the Payment Information Details object
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Hire / Rehire
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Payment Information
Reproducing the Issue
- Hire new employee
- Fill out all the mandatory fields till Compensation Information is reached
- Verify if Payment Information is filled out or not
- If not, continue by clicking on "Submit"
- You will get an error "Payment Method is a required field/association in Object Payment Information Detail" even if the data is not added
There can be two possible root causes for this error.
Scenario A: Config UI Issue
Starting b1811, a validation was strictly enforced for Payment Information and for customers that have existing configuration issues, specifically to the Payment Information configuration UI, they might face this.
For example, once you create the Config UI for Payment Information, by default, you will have two UI Groups
- PaymentInformationV3 UI Group which is the parent object resolver, ID = "baseobject"
- PaymentInformationDetailV3 UI Group which is the child object resolver, ID = "group-0"
Here's an example of a problematic Config UI:
In the example above, "Routing Number," which is a field defined within the PaymentInformationDetailsV3 object, is configured outside the child UI group. The field is placed within the parent UI group (for PaymentInformationV3).
With the b1811 code, such configuration issue will trigger the validation error message.
Scenario B: Payment Info UI Cache Issue
In this scenario, the error message could be thrown in the following cases during Add New Hire:
- If you have initializeRules defined within the Payment Information and/or Payment Information Detail object to default values > Delete Payment Information data during Hiring
- If you add data in the Payment Information section during New Hire > Save Draft > Go back to the draft > Delete the Payment Information
Due to an issue in the b1811 code, even if the actual Payment Information row is deleted during the transaction, the cache is not cleared, so upon saving, the system still recognizes a blank row. Because of this, the system checks if the required fields are filled out and because they're not, the error message is thrown.
For Scenario A:
Ultimately, the Configuration UI has to be corrected. Parent object fields need to be defined within the Parent UI group and the same applies to child object fields.
- If the field is defined within the Payment Information object, then in the Config UI it should also be placed within the Payment Information UI Group (baseobject).
- If the field is defined within the Payment Information Detail object, then in the config UI it should also be placed within the Payment Information Details UI Group (group-0).
For Scenario B:
A code fix has been made to prevent this from happening and this will be implemented via a b1811 patch. It is currently going through verification processes and we will be updating this KBA as soon as the fix dates are confirmed.
As a workaround, if you have confirmed that Scenario A is not applicable to your case, then please perform the following:
- If you have initializeRules in the said objects above and you're not maintaining Payment Information data during Add New Hire / Rehire, then please remove the rules via Configure Object Defintiion > Payment Information or Payment Information Detail > Take Action > Make Correction > Remove the rule > Save
- If you do not have initializeRules in any of the two objects and if you're not maintaing Payment Information data during Add New Hire, then please avoid adding Payment Information data > Save Draft. Once you go back to the draft and try to delete the row, the system will still recognize this deleted row during saving, so the only way to avoid the error would be to start the hire from scratch
THE SCHEDULED DATE FOR PATCH IS 22 DECEMBER 2018 - Customer will advise if the patch will be applied earlier or if any change to the scheduled date.
ECT-110245, ECT-110430, 1811, PTCH-28981, Payment Method is a required field/association in Object Payment Information Detail, error, hire , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PAY , Payment Information , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , New Hire/Rehire Wizards , Problem