- Starting b1811, you noticed that during Hire or Rehire, blank rows are getting inserted for portlets like Email Info, Phone Info, National ID, etc
- You have a rule defined with Employee Information Model as a base object and defined as onInit in these portlets
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Hire/Rehire
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Business Rules
Reproducing the Issue
- Configure the following sample rule
- Assign this as onInit in any Grid Portlet (IM Info, Address Info, National id, Phone Info, Email Info, Job relationships, Pay Component Recurring, Nonrecurring, Global Info, Emergency Contacts, Dependents, Work Permit)
- It doesn't matter if the rule is satisfied or not. Automatically, a blank row is inserted in the portlet
This is due to a coding issue in the b1811 release.
This defect is fixed with the 1902 release.
A patch has been targeted to fix the issue in the 1811 release, with a target release of 21st December. Please note this is not yet confirmed
For the time being, you can either (1) remove the rule from the configuration or (2) use the trash icon to delete the blank row inserted.
ECT-109770, PTCH-28979, nationalId, blank row, new hire, phone info, email info, onInit, employee information model , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , Business Rules & Event Derivation , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , New Hire/Rehire Wizards , Bug Filed