Using Manage My Timesheet application, it's necessary to delete some tasks which aren´t valid anymore due to some changes on the resource availability. However, there are timesheet records already posted to these resources.
Therefore, message "You cannot change the confirmation status, as time postings exist." is displayed when using Customer Projects application to switch off the assignment of a role to the work package.
SAP version for SAP S/4 HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Timesheet records are created and posted using an specific role.
- On a later point of the project, it's decided that this role cannot be used anymore.
- Task is still displayed on Task List available on Manage My Timesheet application.
Timesheet will show all the staffed work package of the employee and allows them to time record, this is the expected behavior.
There are several options to solve this scenario:
- If possible, you could delimit the work package start date and end date so that it will not be visible in timesheet beyond work package validity period.
- If that project is obsolete, project could be set to "Completed".
- Use the Timesheet Validation BADI HCM_CATS_V1_TS_VALIDATION to restrict the time recording on Project/work package for the user.
Using the BADI, parameters Wbselement and ActivityType you can determine the project/workpackage (using the CDS Views).
Then based on work package details (like Customer, Activity type) you can restrict time recording.
KBA , CA-TS-S4 , Cross Application Timesheet in S/4HANA , How To